Performs tasks related to the creation, planning, and organizing of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and programs for students.
The coordinator will be a key member of the Wake Forest University School of Divinity Student Life Committee. This committee exists to support the mission of the Wake Forest University School of Divinity by nurturing a connected community and celebrating the diversity of all students, faculty and staff. The committee will aid the school in the development and planning of programs, educational opportunities, and community activities that create space for dialogue where voices of students and faculty engage contemporary religious life and social concerns with intentionality.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement inclusive, supportive communities that foster and enhance students’ learning, development and academic success.
- Promote diverse and appropriate developmental activities to meet the needs of students through community introduction, interaction, involvement, influence, investment and identity.
- Work with student leaders, staff, and faculty to plan, organize, promote, and evaluate student life programs, events, and activities to meet the needs of students.
- Collaborate with the Student Leadership Council (SLC) through meetings, events, organizational communication, one-on-one conferences, team-building sessions, and leadership retreats.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships within WFU, community resources, vendors and non-profit agencies in the course of community activities.
- Provides training and experiences which help develop leadership skills and abilities in students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We seek a student who is kind, caring, energetic, responsible, open-minded and flexible. Successful candidates are articulate and able to present a well-rounded perspective of WFUSD while providing guidance and encouragement to all students. Candidates need not currently hold leadership positions, but they must have the capacity to lead as well as the desire to work within a team structure.
|Hours Per Week
|Number of Positions Available
||August 31, 2018