BA, Virginia Union; MDiv, Emory; MA, Howard; PhD, Emory
Baptist – Progressive National Baptist
Presbyterian Church (USA), Ruling Elder
- Introduction to Homiletics and Worship
- Womanist Proclamation
- Spiritual Formation and Digital Proclamation
- African American Preaching Tradition
- Preaching from the Margins
- Introduction to African Heritage Religions
- Art of Ministry
Select Journal Articles, Book Chapters, Book Reviews
- “No Redemptive Quality: Black Women’s Bodies, Black Church and the Business of Shame,” www.thefeministwire.com. February 14, 2017.
- “Hell No!” Those Preaching Women: A Multicultural Collection, eds., Ella Pearson Mitchell and Valerie Bridgeman Davis (Valley Forge: Judson, 2008) 27-31.
- “After Katrina and Rita: What Must I do to be Saved?” The Sky is Crying: Race, Class and Natural Disaster,ed. Cheryl Kirk-Duggan (Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2006). 188-196.
Select Academic Lectures
- Reclaiming Sacred Memory as Rituals and Liturgies for Healing, Samuel DeWitt Proctor Conference, Richmond, VA, 2017.
- Holla if Ya Hear Me!: Hip Hop and Religion IV, Interdenominational Theological Center, Atlanta, GA, 2014.
- African Roots: Christianity and the Black Church in North America, Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 2013.
- Dream a Bigger Dream: A Legacy of Women in Transformational Ministry, Sisters Chapel WISDOM Center Conference on Vocation and Discernment, Spelman College, Atlanta, GA, 2013.
- Sankofan Preaching: Looking Back, Speaking Forward, Copher Lecture (Respondent) Interdenominational Theological Center, Atlanta, GA, 2012.
- Raising Womanish Girls!: The Implications of Womanist Posturing and the Performance of Mothering, American Academy of Religion, San Francisco, CA, 2012.
Select Sermons, Educational Series, and Church Presentations
- “Assume the Position,” Midway Missionary Baptist Church, June 2017.
- “Giving Up, Holding On: Lenten Season Meditation,” www.facebook/pinkrobechronicles.com, February – April, 2017.
- “No Justice, No Peace,” Wake Forest University School of Divinity Community Worship, September 2016.
- American Academy of Religion