Below you will find a listing of all jobs available in congregational ministry.
- Winston-Salem, NC: Youth Director
Posted June 12, 2013
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Winston-Salem (UUFWS) seeks a mature and responsible Youth Director to work with our older youth. This is a one-quarter time position with flexible hours, but including required weekend presence. It reports to the Director of Religious Education. Familiarity with Unitarian Universalist history and principles is desirable but not required. To request an application and a complete Position Description send a letter of interest and resume to Administrator@UUFWS.org. UUFWS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Elizabethton, TN: Pastor
Posted May 30, 2012
First Baptist Church Elizabethton is prayerfully seeking the person God has chosen to be our Pastor. Please send resumes to the Pastor Search Committee at 212 East F. St., Elizabethton, TN 37643 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: December 1, 2013
- Lewisville, NC: Children's Choir Director
Posted May 30, 2013
Shallowford Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time (6-10 hours per week) Children’s Choir Director.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2013
Anticipated Start Date: August 21, 2013
To apply or for more information, please direct resumes and letters or recommendation to:
Shallowford Presbyterian Church
Attn: Cathy Shelor
P.O. Box 159
Lewisville, NC 27023
- High Point, NC: Minister of Youth
Posted May 15, 2013
Part Time Minister of Youth | First Baptist Church, High Point, NC
- Direct, in cooperation with the Youth Ministry Team (Youth committee, Youth Council, Youth Sunday School Teachers, Youth Wednesday Night Workers, Youth Music Personnel, and others as ministry grows) a comprehensive ministry with youth (of the church or otherwise) which shall include, but not be limited to, Bible Study, Discipleship Training, Mission/Service, and Worship/Fellowship.
- Provide counseling for youth and their families.
- Encourage relationships directly as an individual or indirectly (and through the) through the Youth Ministry Team with youth and their families and actively engage, through various means, (personal contact and other methods) in a ministry of outreach to prospective youth and their families.
- Prepare an itemized activities budget for approval by the Stewardship Committee. Provide a monthly financial report to the Youth Ministry Team regarding all youth activities. All professional/personal expenses to be reimbursed by the church require vouchers/receipts.
- Assist in worship as desired by the pastor.
Please direct all correspondence to:
Chairman, Personnel Committee
330 Moss Creek Lane
Thomasville, NC 27360
- Thomasville, NC: Youth Director
Posted May 14, 2013
Zion United Church of Christ has an opportunity for an individual that is motivated, enthusiastic and most importantly loves to work with children of all ages.
Zion UCC has been serving the Lord and Hasty community for more than 100 years. We are a congregation of 260 members. The Church is involved in several outreach efforts such as a Back Pack ministry, food donations to food pantries, mentoring students at Hasty Elementary School and providing assistance through a Good Samaritan program.
We are looking for a Youth Director that will help the Church provide a strong Christian foundation for our youth. Currently, we have 9 youth in grades 6-12 and 13 Jr. youth which is K through 5th grade that are very active in the Church. We are looking for a minimum of a year commitment from the candidate.
The Youth Director is responsible for:
- Delivering a children story during the worship service on Sunday mornings twice a month.
- Assisting with Children’s Church grades K- 3once a month.
- Planning and participating in youth/ family outings once a month.
- Planning and participating in a Community Outreach event once every other month.
- Planning and participating in a Youth Fund-Raiser once every other month.
- Conduct a Sunday afternoon youth meeting twice a month.
- Planning and coordinating Vacation Bible School with a committee.
- Attend and provide an update to the Consistory of activities on a monthly basis.
- Opportunity to deliver the sermon during worship service.
- Join the youth in a weekend retreat in Blowing Rock NC (all expenses paid).
Compensation is available.
If interested, please contact Jim Simonds @ 336-682-9649 or Kathy Clark @ 336-862-5249 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cary, NC: Minister to Children
Posted May 9, 2013
Greenwood Forest Baptist Church (CBF), an inclusive community of faith, seeks a permanent half-time Minister of Children to lead our children’s ministry programs and provide spiritual formation for our children. In addition, this person will serve alongside our talented staff as a part of a vibrant ministry team. To apply, submit cover letter and resume with references to: email@example.com or Children’s Minister Search Committee, GFBC, 110 SE Maynard Rd., Cary, NC 27511.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2013 | Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2013
- Louisville, KY: Pastor
Posted May 7, 2013
Ridgewood Baptist Church, a CBF/ABC progressive voice of faith in southwest Louisville, Kentucky, in partnership with Highland Baptist Church, seeks candidates for our next full-time Pastor. Our pastor of three years has resigned to pursue graduate studies abroad and will conclude his ministry in July. We will work to secure a new Pastor before his departure.
Ridgewood is a dynamic church well on its way to being rebuilt from a season of decline. It has a strong staff with two part-time ministers (Music, Youth), averages 70 at present in worship, an annual budget of $136,000, and an aspiration to reach a great number in our area. It is active in local mission and ministry, with a newly created clothes closet for the area.
Ridgewood has been strengthened by a partner relationship with Highland Baptist Church, a kindred-spirit congregation, which allows mentoring and encouragement by the Highland staff. Ridgewood’s pastor is listed at Highland as “Associate Pastor/ Ridgewood.”
Ridgewood prefers candidates who have completed their M. Div. degrees.
Application Deadline: July 27, 2013
To apply, please contact the Pastor Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Knoxville, TN: Minister to Children and Families
Posted April 29, 2013
Central Baptist Bearden in Knoxville, TN is seeking a Minister to Children and Families. More information including the job description, recommendation form, and minister profile are available at http://www.cbcbearden.org/2011/employment.html.
- Birmingham, AL: Pastor
Posted April 25, 2013
Crosscreek Baptist Church is now welcoming resumes for Pastor. The church is a warm Christian community of believers who study the Bible and worship together in Shelby County, just south of Birmingham, Alabama. The church family of about 150 active members is racially diverse and theologically moderate to progressive, supporting the mission efforts of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and Alabama CBF. Several church members and participants are engaged in mission service efforts in the community surrounding the church building as well as areas such as Mexico, Haiti, Slovakia, and the Mississippi Delta. The church’s search committee is seeking resumes from pastoral candidates who would lead the church in facilitating creative liturgical worship services, pastor the church body, encourage transformational ministry efforts, and recognize the value of self-care. The pastor’s salary will be commensurate with his or her experience and education. For more information or to send a resume, send correspondence to Pastor Search Committee, 600 Crosscreek Trail, Pelham, AL 35124 or email@example.com.
- Greensboro, NC: Youth and Young Adult Minister
Posted April 24, 2013
Hungry Church, located in Greensboro, NC, is looking for an energetic and engaging Youth and Young Adult Minister to join our team in reaching our community for Christ. The ideal candidate will have a contagious passion for God, hunger for the next generation and discipleship gifts. We are looking for someone to grow a core of youth and young adults to help them mature in Christ, reach their friends for Christ and impact our community. The position pays a monthly stipend. Apply by sending resumes and/or letters of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact at 336 558-1445.
- Getzville, NY: Pastor
Posted April 16, 2013
University Baptist Church in Getzville, New York is searching for a bi-vocational pastor. UBC is a small international Cooperative Baptist Church near the state university in a suburb of Buffalo. Position available now. Applications accepted until position is filled.
For more information, please contact Dale Meredith.
- Houston, TX: Pleasant Hill Leadership Institute (PHLI) Director
Posted April 11, 2013
TITLE: Pleasant Hill Leadership Institute (PHLI) Director
REPORTING TO: Assistant to the Pastor, Rev. Joel Goza
PHLI is a ministry of the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. PHLI was founded in 2011 with the goal of forming Christian college bound leaders. The PHLI Director is responsible for coordinating a ministry that forms disciples in body, mind and spirit. The program is made up of three focus areas: Christian Education, Academic Formation, and Fine Arts. There are 3 terms per year including a Summer Intensive of 6 weeks (Mon. – Thurs.) and a 10-week Fall and Spring Afterschool Program (Tues. – Thurs.). In between terms, PHLI has weekly Wednesday night and Sunday morning offerings. The program serves 25 students per week. The ministry operates within Pleasant Hill Baptist’s ministry focus areas of spiritual health, physical health, social responsibility and financial health. Teammates of PHLI include Duke and Rice University.
- A commitment to do whatever it takes to holistically invest in the lives of teens in order to form disciples and transform the lives of youth
- Thoroughly committed to the Christian faith, the church, and growing as a disciple
- Two years or more of experience in an inner-city ministry or educational environment preferred
- The ability to administrate, lead, manage and delegate to a team of volunteers and interns in order accomplish difficult goals and objectives
- The imagination, initiative, patience and grit necessary to flourish in an inner-city environment
- The entrepreneurial spirit to raise funds, donations and form collaborations to strengthen and underwrite the PHLI ministry offerings
- Open to theological beliefs and disposition of the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church and a commitment to lead by example through church participation and tithing
For More Information
Visit: www.pleasanthillministries.org or
Contact: Joel Goza, email@example.com