by: C. Mark Batten | email@example.com | 336.758.3959
Rayce Lamb has been named Director of Ministry and Vocational Exploration at Wake Forest University’s School of Divinity after having previously served as an Assistant Dean of Admissions for Undergraduate Admissions for the last two years.
“The appointment acknowledges Rayce’s strong commitments to assisting those making critical decisions about vocations in ministry and their graduate school choice,” said Dr. Shonda Jones, associate dean and assistant teaching professor of intercultural theological education at the School of Divinity. “In this role Rayce will implement ministry and vocation exploration programs designed to attract the best possible pool of students to the school who are committed to making a difference in the world.”
In his role as Assistant Dean, Lamb was a critical part of the Admissions Team and performed tasks that were essential to the overall success of the undergraduate admissions office. From his extensive travel across the United States recruiting academically talented students to serving on the Admissions Committee where he reviewed and assessed applicant materials, Lamb understands the cyclical nature and demands of working in the field of admissions.
“I feel I can be a positive asset to the Admissions team at Wake Forest University School of Divinity,” said Lamb as he reflected on his transition to the School of Divinity. “During my tenure in the undergraduate admissions office, I have helped continue a legacy that is Wake Forest University. Now, I want to contribute to the School of Divinity as it continues to build a legacy of its own.”
“Theological education is now more important than ever. In our chaotic and uncertain world, who will serve as the next generation of faith leaders providing hope and direction to the masses?,” he continued. “The School of Divinity has a mission to equip students to be agents of justice, reconciliation, and compassion in this world. Let it be my mission to recruit those students and assist them in discovering their vocation.”
As Director of Ministry and Vocational Exploration, Rayce’s new responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership with ministry and vocation exploration programs designed to attract the best possible pool of students in support of the School of Divinity’s enrollment objectives;
- Leveraging digital and social media platforms to develop continuing relationships with those exploring vocations in ministry;
- Acting as the key liaison with various colleges and universities, churches and denominational bodies, and other agencies;
- Providing leadership on the Admissions and Scholarship Committee; and
- Creating strategic plans that further the school’s goal to nurture relationships with prospective students and those who influence them and educating them about theological education at Wake Forest University.
Lamb joined the staff in the Undergraduate Admissions office in 2016 after graduating with his Master of Divinity from the School of Divinity. Previously, he served as Center Director for the North Star LBGTQ Center and Director of Youth Ministry at Green Street United Methodist Church, both in Winston-Salem, NC. Lamb was also a Faith Organizer for Equity Pennsylvania. Lamb received a B.A. from Emory and Henry College.
Categories: Admissions, Staff
- June 1, 2023
- May 19, 2023
- April 5, 2023