You’ve got questions; we’ve got answers. Have other questions? Let us know!
- Is Orientation mandatory?
Yes. All sessions Wednesday, August 17 through Friday, August 19 require your attendance and participation. If you are a GHD, please let us know and we can work with your residence life training schedule.
- What do I wear to orientation?
Dress is business casual – nice slacks/khakis and nice top (wear what is comfortable for you)
Remember, you’ll be taking a picture on Wednesday during check-in, so dress accordingly. The photo will be used for the School’s online secured directory.
- Where do I park?
You will need to park in the First Assembly Lot, located behind Winston-Salem First church, which is across the Polo Road entrance to campus. [see map, labeled B in lime green]
To access Lot B (First Assembly Lot), please use Polo Road.
- From the Reynolda Road entrance of Wake Forest head north.
- Make a right onto Polo Road.
- Turn left onto Wingate Road.
- Lot B is the main parking lot to your right.
- Walk across Polo Road through the Wake Forest gate entrance. There is a walking path, to the right, after you pass through the gates that will empty into Lot Q.
- Proceed to Wingate Hall.
- Should I bring my computer?
Yes. There will be an Information Systems and Technology Overview session during Orientation on Thursday. Also, there are breaks built into the schedule, so you can use that time to check email or update Twitter and Facebook with Orientation awesomeness for your friends to be jealous of.
- Can I bring my family to Orientation?
No. While your family (spouses, partners, children) is welcome to join us at the welcome dinner on Wednesday night, orientation is about making YOU a member of the community here at Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
- What is the welcome dinner? Can I bring my family?
The welcome dinner is an opportunity to get to know your first-year classmates as well as the wider Wake Div community. An incoming student is invited to bring only their partner or spouse and their children to the Welcome Dinner. (A registration form will be sent in coming weeks to inquire about any dietary needs or restrictions.)