Faith-Based Nonprofit Leadership Online Certificate Program
Attendance for the 2017 Faith-Based Nonprofit Leadership Program has reached capacity. Thank you for your interest and please check back in Fall 2017 to see if the course is being offered in Spring 2018.
About the Program
..building the skills and knowledge of current and future leaders in the nonprofit sector.
The Faith-Based Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program is a 12-week online course, open to students and non-students, beginning in January 2017, co-led by School of Divinity professor Dr. John Senior and School of Law professor Steve Virgil.
The program is ideal for participants who are:
- Current and aspiring leaders of nonprofits (staff, board members, or volunteers)
- Interested in forming a new nonprofit
Certificates will be awarded through the Wake Forest University School of Divinity following completion of all sessions.
- The Role of Nonprofits in Society: Morally, Ethically, and Legally
- The History of Nonprofits in the United States
- An Introduction to Nonprofits and the Nonprofit Sector Today
- Crafting Mission and Vision Statements
- The Legal Structure of Nonprofits
- Strategic Planning and Competitive Analysis
- Program Development and Assessment
- Fundraising, Grant Writing, and Finance and Budget
- Community Organizing & Asset-based Community Development
- Lobbying and Advocacy
*Subject to change. Official syllabus to be distributed during first class.
The course consists of three weekday evening webinars, two intensive weekend webinars (in-person option for weekends), and twelve hour-long pre-recorded media presentations.
Each participant will complete a professor-supervised project that focuses on a particular strategic need of the participant’s own nonprofit, on some aspect of forming a nonprofit, or on an area of interest related to faith-based nonprofit leadership.
Live Webinar Dates
Three Evenings (webinar only)
- Wednesday, January 11 from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 1 from 7 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 15 from 7 – 9 p.m.
Two Weekends (webinar or in-person at Wake Forest University’s Worrell Professional Center)
- Friday, February 24 from 2:30 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 25 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday, April 7 from 2:30 – 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 8 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Costs and Logistics
The program cost is $250. This does not include travel and lodging for those who choose to attend the two-weekend sessions in-person. Refunds for the course are not available after February 1, 2017.
After completing all sessions, all participants receive a certificate of completion from Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
» Registration closed; capacity has been met. Thank you for your interest and please check back in Fall 2017 to see if the course is being offered in Spring 2018.
For more information, please contact Lance Henry, Certificate Program Assistant.
This program is possible thanks to the generous support of the Wake Forest University Provost’s Fund for Academic Innovation and the Jesse Ball DuPont Foundation.