Event Details← Return to Calendar
Campus Festival of Young PreachersOctober 24 - 25Wingate Hall
The School of Divinity will host a Campus Festival of Young Preachers this Fall. Inspired by the Academy of Young Preachers (AoP), the festival will be a platform to encourage, support, and educate young preachers in their vocation. The Academy of Preachers is energized by the conviction that Gospel preaching is a vocation of public and social significance, a calling worthy of our very best and brightest young people.
Themes come and go, but what could be more natural for a preaching theme than, Tell Me a Story? The preaching texts are just the beginning.
Who: Open to all Wake Forest students and alumni, and students from Salem College and Winston-Salem State University.
When: Friday, October 24 at 1:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday, October 25 2014 at 9:00am – 3:00pm
*Networking Lunch is Friday, 12:00pm – $10.00
Where: Campus of Wake Forest University School of Divinity – Wingate Hall (1834 Wake Forest Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27109)
Why: Preaching matters and the worship of God requires our very best. To this end Wake Forest University School of Divinity, in partnership with the Academy of Preachers, seeks to inspire, network and encourage young adults toward excellence in their call to gospel preaching.
Preacher’s Registration: Preachers should register online no later than October 15, 2014.
- 20 preaching slots will be available
- Preachers must name a mentor to complete registration. Mentor will introduce the Preacher at the Festival.
- Each Festival hour will feature 4, 15 minute sermons by Preachers from these 3 categories: Young Preacher (ages 18-28) and Young Preacher (ages 29 – 35), and Preachers (36 and older).
- Preaching theme and texts
- General Preaching Guidelines: (please note this Festival has a 15 minute sermon limit)
- Networking Lunch provided for Preachers at a cost of $10 each on Friday, October 24. Mentors and preaching festival attendees are welcome to attend the lunch by registering for the Networking Lunch through Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
- Each Young Preacher will be assigned an evaluator who will meet with the preacher and offer encouragement and feedback in addition to their mentor.
- Each Preacher will receive professional, written sermon feedback.
- Preachers are encouraged to invite friends, family, mentors, and peers to support and encourage them during the preaching festival.
- WFU School of Divinity Young Preachers (35 years or younger) will have an opportunity to apply for scholarship support to attend the AoP National Festival of Young Preachers in Dallas, TX, January 2-5, 2015.
- Shonda Jones, Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Services