Event Details← Return to Calendar
Campus Festival of Young PreachersOctober 24 - 25Wingate Hall
The School of Divinity will host a Campus Festival of Young Preachers this Fall. Inspired by the Academy of Young Preachers (AoP), the festival will be a platform to encourage, support, and educate young preachers in their vocation. The Academy of Preachers is energized by the conviction that Gospel preaching is a vocation of public and social significance, a calling worthy of our very best and brightest young people.
Themes come and go, but what could be more natural for a preaching theme than, Tell Me a Story? The preaching texts are just the beginning.
When: Friday, October 24 at 1:00pm – 8:00pm and Saturday, October 25 2014 at 9:00am – 3:00pm
*Networking Lunch is Friday, 12:00pm – $10.00 (for those who preregistered).
Where: Campus of Wake Forest University School of Divinity – Wingate Hall (1834 Wake Forest Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27109)
Why: Preaching matters and the worship of God requires our very best. To this end Wake Forest University School of Divinity, in partnership with the Academy of Preachers, seeks to inspire, network and encourage young adults toward excellence in their call to gospel preaching.
Community Welcome to Attend
Any community member is welcome to attend this festival to sit in and participate in the audience of the preaching sessions to offer support and encouragement to young preachers. No registration required.
- Preachers will be introduced by their mentor (pastor, professor, chaplain, etc.).
- Each Festival hour will feature four, 15-minute sermons by Preachers from these 3 categories: Young Preacher (ages 18-28) and Young Preacher (ages 29 – 35), and Preachers (36 and older).
- Preaching theme and texts
- Networking Lunch provided for preachers who preregister at a cost of $10 each on Friday, October 24.
- Each Young Preacher will be assigned an evaluator who will meet with the preacher and offer encouragement and feedback in addition to their mentor.
- Each Preacher will receive professional, written sermon feedback.
- Preachers are encouraged to invite friends, family, mentors, and peers to support and encourage them during the preaching festival.
- WFU School of Divinity Young Preachers (35 years or younger) will have an opportunity to apply for scholarship support to attend the AoP National Festival of Young Preachers in Dallas, TX, January 2-5, 2015.
- Shonda Jones, Associate Dean of Admissions and Student Services