Below you will find a listing of jobs available in other areas of ministry.
- New York, NY: Editorial Assistant
Posted April 14, 2014
Commonweal Magazine: The editorial assistant will help the editors with manuscript review and decisions, copy editing, and proofreading. He or she will also be responsible for certain daily administrative and office support duties. The editorial assistant will occasionally participate in editorial meetings for the print and online editions of Commonweal and will help with promotional writing and editing. There is also the opportunity to contribute, and receive feedback on, longer pieces of original writing.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree, outstanding writing and organizational skills, and painstaking attention to detail. We are looking for candidates with a demonstrated familiarity with Commonweal and the topics it covers (Catholicism, theology, politics, books, media). Prior experience in a journalism or media environment, as well as experience with digital publishing tools and techniques, would be a significant plus.
Resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples should be sent by e-mail only to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
- Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC: Part Time Childcare Center Substitute
Posted April 7, 2014
Village Learning Solutions – Educational Staffing seeks a part-time Childcare Center Substitute.
This position may require:
- Floating to various classrooms to provide direct care to children 6 weeks to 5 years old
- Serving as a Lead Teacher in a classroom for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old
- Serving as a Teacher Assistant in a classroom for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old
- Provide a healthy and safe class room environment
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculums and engage in regular verbal and written communication with parents and staff.
- Collaborate with a team of talented early childhood professionals
- Inspire children’s learning through set curriculum
- Impact the lives of children and families each and every day
- Interact with children in a manner consistent with the center’s philosophy
Application Deadline: April 18, 2014
- Washington, DC: Editor and Communications Associate
Posted April 3, 2014
Public Religion Research Institute has opened a search for a Communications Professional. The Editor and Communications Associate (ECA) plays a key editorial and promotional role in the communications department. The ECA oversees online and print communications for PRRI, and is responsible for writing a daily news round-up, timely articles for the blog, newsletters, press releases, website copy, and various other forms of on-brand communications. Additionally, the ECA will assist with editing research reports, scholarly articles, and other written content. The ECA works with the Communications Director to develop integrated media strategies, and is responsible for disseminating and promoting PRRI products and content on social media to ensure high visibility. The ECA reports to the Communications Director.
Application Deadline: April 18, 2014
Applications will be received until April 18th, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competitive salary and benefits are available, commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. No inquiries please.
- Salisbury, NC: Environmental Education Coordinator
Posted March 26, 2014
The Center for the Environment at Catawba College seeks full-time person to coordinate various aspects of its environmental education program. This individual will work with the executive director to coordinate educational programming, the Environmental Stewards Program, and the promotion of the scholarship program; supervise and lead volunteers and interns; and assist in facilitating forums and meetings. Occasional evening and weekend work is required. Outreach coordinator must be skilled in environmental education, the supervision of people and groups, written and oral communication, program development and the organization and facilitation of events/activities. The Center for the Environment emphasizes a team approach to environmental problem solving and sustainability. College degree in related area required.
Resumes accepted by email, email@example.com; fax,704.637.4289; or mail to Larry Farmer, Catawba College, 2300 West Innes Street, Salisbury, NC 28144.