Below you will find positions in non-profits and other resources for job openings in the non-profit sector.
Please contact employers before submitting application materials since the status of job openings can change rapidly.
- Raleigh, NC: Executive Director
Posted January 21, 2015
The Executive Director of the North Carolina Council of Churches is responsible for managing the statewide organization on behalf of the Governing Board. The position includes planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the programs and program areas of the Council to insure that each fulfills its mission; leading and supervising staff including recruiting, developing and motivating employees; fundraising and development in cooperation with the board and resource development committee; marketing and networking to expand the reach and impact of the Council; developing and monitoring a budget; and representing the Council in the state with judicatory heads, congregations, elected officials, and the general public. The executive director is hired by and accountable to the Governing Board.
To apply contact Steve Smith and Jocleen McCall at EDSearch@outlook.com
Anticipated Start Date: June 15, 2015
Application Deadline: February 10, 2015
- Winston Salem, NC: Part Time Leadership Development Coordinator
Posted January 20, 2015
Neighbor for Better Neighborhoods is looking for a Part Time Leadership Development Coordinator.
The NBN Leadership Development Coordinator’s main task is to design
and deliver leadership development activities for NBN staff, community
leaders,organizations and institutions by using the results of
assessments and incorporating input from all stakeholders in the
planning process. The leadership development coordinator will design
activities sensitive to the cultural, ethnic, and linguistic needs of
participants. Community Collaborations are integral to the work of NBN.
To apply contact P. Mccoy at email@example.com
Anticipated Start Date: April, 15, 2015
Application Deadline: February 27, 2015
- Thomasville, NC: Lead Therapist
Posted January 20, 2015
Family Services in Thomasville, NC is looking for a Lead Therapist
- Maintains 16 direct service hours in individual, family, and group therapy services to various populations as appropriate within the criteria for clinical services.
- Alongside the Clinical Services Program Director, plans for the orientation and supervision of direct service clinicians and interns.
- Alongside the Clinical Services Program Director, monitors the range, quality, and quantity of professional work performance, provision of services, and staff development.
- Provides clinical consultation to direct service clinicians and interns.
- Services FSDC EAP contracts by providing voluntary and mandatory assessments for EAP referrals. Services may include short term treatment, assistance with referrals to other resources and serves as a member of the Crisis Response Team for CISD.
- Maintains accurate and current records on all clients as required by the agency. This includes writing appropriate treatment plans, social histories, assessments, and progress notes.
- Supports a system of quality assurance through such mechanisms as peer review, case review, and client followup.
- Serves on the agency leadership team with other directors and managers.
Anticipated Start Date: May 18, 2015
Application Deadline: February 26, 2015
To apply contact Tim Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greensboro, NC: Chief Development Officer
Posted January 20, 2015
Habitat for Humanity is looking for a Chief Development Officer.
As a key member of the executive management team and under the direction of the Chief Executive Director, this position will oversee shaping, leading and elevating funds through the design, initiation, and ongoing implementation of a comprehensive fundraising plan.
This fund development plan supports the strategic long range plan by increasing revenues via annual appeals, social media, special projects funding, direct mail, capital funding initiatives, public funds, grants, major gifts, and a planned giving program. The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years’ experience in fundraising with preference given to candidates with direct management of professional fundraising teams.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree or AFP certification equivalent.
For more details and application instructions, please visit Capital Development’s website, which is assisting in the search.
Anticipated Start Date: May 4, 2015
Application Deadline: February 16, 2015
- Winston Salem, NC: Small Grants Coordinator
Posted January 15, 2015
Neighbors for Better Neighborhoods is looking for a Small Grants Coordinator.
The NBN Small Grants Program is at the heart of NBN’s work. It is an attempt to support action by community organizations and individuals within the community to improve their own lives and the lives of their neighbors. At completion, the Program asks for “lessons learned” rather than measures of success, in an effort by get beyond a success/failure paradigm that can be a barrier to action. NBN Small Grants Program plays a supporting role in the work that the community has chosen to do for itself.
The Small Grants Coordinator/Community Organizer will be a part of NBN’s Community Organizing team. NBN offers training, workshops, coaching, grants, community planning and visioning assistance, and the development, testing, and sharing of best practices to support community engagement.
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume to: Pmccoy@nbncommunity.org
Please include your name and “Small Grants Coordinator /Community Organizer” in the subject heading.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2015
- Winston Salem, NC: Executive Director
Posted January 13, 2015
Forsyth Futures is looking for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director’s core functions are focused on three main areas:
• Directing the data analysis and research of the organization, including guidance on research areas of focus, research methodologies and supervision of the FF staff (primarily researchers).
• Marketing Forsyth Futures and its catalyst capabilities throughout the community including helping the community understand the critical issues the community faces, what organizations are already participating in programs and solutions, and acting as a catalyst to bring groups together for solutions.
• Bringing an experienced fundraising/friendraising mindset to the organization in order to both maintain the current funding base and expand the funding base in order to support the organization’s mission.
• Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
• You may also view the job description and learn more about or organization by visiting our website at http://forsythfutures.org/about-forsyth-futures/job-opportunitiesinternships.html.
• Cover letters should include examples of improvements or impact through previous data delivery, and your methods for building and maintaining important relationships.
Application Deadline: March 2, 2015