Below you will find positions in non-profits and other resources for job openings in the non-profit sector.
- Washington, DC: Education and Outreach Specialist
Posted April 16, 2013
The Baptist Joint Committee on Religious Liberty is searching for an Education and Outreach Specialist.
The mission of the Education and Outreach Specialist is to expand the base of support for religious liberty. Education is key to building a sustainable and ever-increasing core of religious liberty advocates who can inform themselves and others about religious liberty, take timely action, and play an active role in their communities and houses of worship. Engaging the next generation of religious liberty advocates is an essential goal of this position.
- Understand and articulate the need for religious freedom, the separation of church and state, and the Baptist Joint Committee’s mission.
- Plan and implement a strategy to carry out the mission of this position.
- Develop a strategy for maximizing the educational effectiveness of the BJC’s existing programs and communications.
- Establish and nurture relationships with groups that have previously visited the Center for Religious Liberty (CRL) and develop a plan to strategically approach new groups. Coordinate all aspects of a group’s visit from determining its desired learning outcomes and level of preexisting knowledge to scheduling appropriate staff for presentations. Develop an assessment tool to gauge the effectiveness of presentations.
- Reach students and young people on a national scale
- Develop and deepen relationships with colleges, universities and seminaries by assessing the status of relationships with current partner schools and identifying priority schools for new relationships.
- Develop a “catalog” of resources the BJC can offer to colleges, universities and seminaries.
- Establish and nurture strategic alliances with Baptist and other Christian student movements. Establish the BJC as a thought and action leader at key, high-profile student conferences and events.
- Coordinate the BJC’s Religious Liberty Essay Scholarship Contest and Shurden Lectures.
- Develop appropriate educational materials, curricula and resources.
- Collaborate with Communications staff to develop marketing materials appropriate for target audiences.
- Collaborate with Development staff to maximize fund development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to develop and execute a strategic plan, measure outcomes and track results
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication
- Skilled networker with connections ranging across the breadth of the Christian spectrum
- Skill in connecting with non-Christians
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in theology or related field preferred
- Self-starter with strong initiative and tenacity
- Creative problem-solver
This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Communications and Development directors.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to resumes@BJConline.org. The position is open until filled.
- North Carolina Center for Nonprofits
The North Carolina Center for Nonprofits maintains a comprehensive job listing of positions available in non-profit organizations across the state.