Graduate students at the School of Divinity make their own arrangements for housing. Often assistance is available through the Office of Admissions and Student Services. As the Office of Admissions and Student Services is made aware of available housing opportunities, aside from apartment complexes, individual listings will be posted on this page. This will be one of many resources available to you. We do not screen the renters or roommates, nor do we promote any of the listings that appear on this page. Please take care to inquire into each situation for yourself. A list of apartment complexes close to the Wake Forest University Reynolda campus is also provided below.
- Off-Campus Housing List
These listings are not screened prior to posting; please take care when inquiring.
Room for Rent – One bedroom in a three bedroom, three bathroom, single family home is available for rent. The house is two years old, all one level, fully furnished with a large kitchen, breakfast bar, kitchen eating area, large dining room, art studio, new washer and dryer, alarm system, and wireless internet service available for use. The master bath and bedroom are on one side, the guest and other areas on the other side of the house. It is owner occupied by a single, semi-retired woman , happy to have someone else in the house. Other amenities include a large covered patio/deck, hardwood floors, abundant hot water, zoned gas heat and air-conditioning, a gas fireplace, Bose music system and a large screen smart TV with Netflix, You Tube, Amazon Prime, etc. but not cable TV at this time (a couple of local channels by antenna). The house is about 4 miles from the Wake Forest Campus, close to a post office, CVS, three grocery stores and more on Milhaven Road! There is ample parking on the circular drive. No smoking. Pets not permitted. $525 per month. Available May 14, 2016. Contact Ann Cooper for more information. [posted 2.8.16] Houses to Share – Black & Gold Rentals provides comfortable and convenient housing in the Wake Forest University area. Please browse their rentals here and send inquiries/questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. [posted 4.6.2015]
Are you interested in posting a rental opportunity for Wake Forest School of Divinity students? Complete the online form or send a detailed listing to the Office of Admissions and Student Services at email@example.com. Listings will remain active for three months unless you contact us to have it extended or removed.
- Housing Resource and Guide
The Office of Admissions and Student Services has put together a a quick resource listing information about apartment complexes current students suggest for housing, several of which are located on the University’s shuttle lines.
- Wake Forest Properties
The Office of Wake Forest Properties offers services and rental properties supporting the mission, vision and values of Wake Forest University, which serves as a community amongst many communities. We strive to ensure high quality rental properties, responsive customer service and professionalism while maintaining the long-term integrity of Wake Forest University in both academia and real estate.
PO Box 7477, Winston-Salem, NC, 27109
Office Hours: 8:30am — 5:00pm
Hope Jordan, Portfolio Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communities and Apartments Near Campus
Rental rates may vary from information below. We are not promoting any of the complexes; please take care to inquire into each location for yourself. All addresses are Winston-Salem, NC unless otherwise noted.
Complex Distance to WFU Unit and Rent Info Contact Alaris Village
5003 Winster Drive
2.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
4981 Hunt Club Road
6.2 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
888.671.4023 Brannigan Village
200 Brannigan Village Drive
9.6 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
866.847.3818 Briarleigh Park
401 Park Ridge Lane
5.3 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.793.4297 Bromley Park
2113 Bromley Park Drive
6.0 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
888.331.0074 Brookberry Park
100 Brookberry Drive
7.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.793.1009 Brookford Place
50 Brookford Place Court
5.6 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.245.4512 Burke Ridge Crossing
2112 Burke Meadows Road
6.8 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
877.296.2948 Countryside Villa
5460 Countryside Drive
3.1 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
888.328.4303 Crowne Club
200 Crowne Club Drive
5.8 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.765.2400 Crowne Oaks
1000 Crowne Oaks Circle
1.7 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.9444 Crowne Park
900 Crowne Park Drive
2.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.761.1466 Crowne Polo
875 Crowne Forest Court
2.1 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.721.0678 Deacon’s Station
10 Quincy Dr
0.7 miles 4 bedroom 4 ½ bathroom
$785-$825 per bedroom all inclusive
336.765.7171 The Edge Flats
111 Edgeway Drive
3 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
*Call for prices* (fully furnished)
336.283.8660 Glendare Park
240 Village Crossing Lane
6.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.750.6234 Highland Oaks
700 Walnut Forest Road
6.7 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
855.330.0235 Legacy Park
1805 Legacy Park Lane
6.4 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.785.3699 Plaza South
3501 Plaza Ridge Circle
9.5 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.310.1907 Pointe at Peters Creek
3750 Holmes Creek Place
9.4 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.784.9922 Providence Pointe
2309 Providence Pointe Lane
4.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.923.0065 Regents Village
5405 Regents Village Drive
7.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.760.9112 Salem Crest
105 Brent View Court
6.6 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
866.587.2924 Savannah Place
400 Magnolia Branch Drive
7.1 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.659.0886 Sugar Creek
4190 Trace View Drive
1.4 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.2411 The Corners at Crystal Lake
2700 Reynolda Road
1.5 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
866.505.6592 The Enclave at North Point
4260 Brownsboro Road
1.6 miles Studio, 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.7612 The Pines at Bethabara
511 Bethabara Hills Court
2.6 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
starting at $600 and $875/month
*Call for current specials!
336.922.1155 Towergate Apartments
2501 Towergate Court
3.8 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.922.4041 Trails at Bethabara
1620 Woods Road
2.3 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
Rent.com: Rent.com is the only free rental site that helps you find an affordable apartment and gives you tips on how to move. View Rent.com’s Winston-Salem listings.
apartmentlist.com: With over 1.8 million listings nationwide, apartmentlist.com is a free resource to help you find housing. View apartmentlist.com’s Winston-Salem resource.
- WFU Residence Life & Housing Off-Campus Resources
- The off campus rental listings is a complimentary service provided by Residence Life & Housing. Wake Forest University offers no endorsement of properties included in our listing and does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided.
- Area Apartment Complexes Rental Listing
Note: Off-campus facilities listed with the Office of Residence Life and Housing are not screened. The University serves as an information source and does not assume responsibility for placement, lease agreements, or landlord-tenant relations.
- Graduate Hall Director
The Graduate Hall Director (GHD) is responsible for the general supervision and management of a residence hall community which houses 200-350 undergraduate students. The GHD assistantship is a 10-month, live-in position. Specific job responsibilities and expectations include:
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with RAs.
- Conduct individual one-on-one meetings with RAs every 2 weeks.
- Provide ongoing training, recognition, and staff development opportunities.
- Schedule RA staff for building coverage, including breaks, closings, post-exams, and graduation.
- Hold staff members accountable for actions by routinely evaluating job performance.
- Share concerns appropriately by avoiding direct confrontation in staff meetings: supporting in public, confronting in private.
- Participate in GHD and RA selection and evaluation processes.
- Role model appropriate behavior to ensure you do not lose credibility, effectiveness or your job.
- Pursue only professional relationships with student staff and residents.
- Keep your RLC informed of all situations.
- May help to advise students who are members of the Resident Student Association.
- Oversee budgets for residence hall programming and staff development.
- Hold scheduled regular office hours – 6 per week in residence hall staff office.
- Coordinate resident check-in/check-out processes, building openings/closings, and room changes.
- Complete paperwork (RL&H reports, monthly reports, expense vouchers) in a timely manner.
- Check voicemail, e-mail, and office mailbox daily.
- Attend all departmental training; prior to the start of the year, mid-year, and throughout the year.
- Assume “on-duty” responsibilities with other staff on a rotating basis.
- Attend all staff meetings and individual meetings with RLC.
- Assume administrative tasks as assigned by Central Office Staff.
- Safeguard keys. Loss of staff keys may result in loss of employment & personal financial obligation.
- Direct, support, and participate in RA programming efforts.
- Work with RAs to assess student needs and develop programming goals to meet identified needs.
- Spend at least 20 hours per week in the residence hall being available to students for problem solving, referral services, mediation, conflict resolution and advising.
- Be visible, accessible and available in your area by:
- spending informal time with residents in your building,
- being available on weekends – plan to be away no more than one weekend per month.
- Uphold & enforce University and Departmental policies; including any violations of the Conduct or Honor Code.
- Clearly communicate University and Departmental policy to staff and students.
- Assist RAs with confrontation of students violating policies.
- Forward RL&H reports to the RLC for review in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Assume responsibility for monitoring the condition of facilities.
- Coordinate & schedule lounge use.
- Maintain relationships with housekeeping and facilities staff to ensure your building is well kept.
- Tour residence hall(s) on a regular basis to identify maintenance issues.
- Initiate work orders for repairs.
- Inspect the building during hall openings and closings and throughout year.
- Embrace staff unity and a sense of teamwork.
- Prioritize academics and your GHD job; all other commitments are secondary.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Demonstrate confidentiality.
- Follow up on issues in a timely manner.
- Be on time & prepared.
- Use professional judgment in regards to alcohol consumption in accordance with University policy – there will be no alcohol consumption during staff functions or on duty.
Graduate Hall Directors working in Residence Life & Housing will:
- Test and improve leadership abilities by building effective relationships with staff members and colleagues.
- Develop administrative and time-management skills by balancing a variety of responsibilities.
- Practice appropriate and effective interpersonal communication skills in a variety of professional settings.
- Develop and practice supervisory skills by managing a staff of high achieving undergraduate Resident Advisers.
- Practice giving and receiving feedback in a professional setting.
- Practice budget management skills through responsible use of university funds.
- Experience the opportunity to serve as a mentor and role model for college students.
- Gain a sound understanding of effective crisis management protocol and response.
- Engage in a network of supportive staff members who are committed to the holistic development of students.
- Acquire an awareness of student affairs practice and higher education administration as a paraprofessional in an active student life office.
- $7,350 stipend
- One bedroom efficiency-style University apartment
- Faculty/staff parking permit
- Food dollars for on-campus dining
- Utilities & cable TV
- Hard-wired and wireless internet connection
- Free laundry machines available on-site
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GHD application: access the application here
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references
For assistance with the online application process, please reference our step-by-step guide.
Date Description Thursday, January 15, 2015 Applications available on the RLH website Wednesday, February 4, 2015 Rehire applications due Wednesday, February 11, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 11:00 am, Divinity School Thursday, February 12, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 3:00 pm, Carswell Hall, Room 205 Monday, February 16, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 7:00 pm, ZSR Library, Room 476 Thursday, February 19, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 12:00 pm, Law School Friday, February 27, 2015 Applications due Online by 5:00 p.m. Thursday – Friday, March 26- 27, 2015 GA On-Campus Interviews Monday – Tuesday, March 30- 31, 2015 GA On-Campus Interviews Friday, April 3, 2015 Employment letters mailed Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Decision letters due to 104 Alumni Hall by 5 p.m. Saturday, April 18, 2015 Spring training day
Your online application with each of the above uploaded five items must be received by 5 p.m. on the published deadline. All Application materials must be uploaded online. If you have any questions please contact:
Matt Clifford, Director of Residence Life
For additional information, please call: 336.758.5185 or e-mail email@example.com
The GHD assistantship is a 10-month commitment. Reappointment is not guaranteed, but is based upon an exemplary performance record and the successful completion of all interviews and applications required for returning staff. The Graduate Hall Directors performance is under continuous evaluation so as to maintain the highest standards. Failure to meet any of the responsibilities or expectations listed in this assistantship agreement may result in personnel sanctions which could include, but not be limited to, verbal or written warnings, withholding of partial or full pay, probation or possible termination.