Graduate students at the School of Divinity make their own arrangements for housing. Often assistance is available through the Office of Admissions and Student Services. As the Office of Admissions and Student Services is made aware of available housing opportunities, aside from apartment complexes, individual listings will be posted on this page. This will be one of many resources available to you. We do not screen the renters or roommates, nor do we promote any of the listings that appear on this page. Please take care to inquire into each situation for yourself. A list of apartment complexes close to the Wake Forest University Reynolda campus is also provided below.
- Off-Campus Housing List
These listings are not screened prior to posting; please take care when inquiring.
Room for rent – 2 bedroom/1 bath house. Furnished bedroom is 11 x 10 with a walk-in closet, lots of natural light, and hardwood floors. House has a full kitchen, dining room, living room, large backyard with a deck, and front porch. Two rooms are currently rented out and looking for a third roommate. Asking $400 monthly and that includes all utilities. There are 2 dogs and 2 cats in the house so we are looking for a pet friendly person. House is on Sprague St close to the Waughtown intersection in Kernersville. Contact: email@example.com or text 336.354.6454. [posted 6.13.16] House for Rent – House is located a couple doors from Campus Gas on Polo Road opposite Spry Soccer Stadium and is a few minutes’ walk to anywhere on Reynolda Campus. It’s a two bedroom/one bath with a tiled kitchen and bathroom floor and hardwood floors elsewhere. There is an attached carport and a full unfinished basement. Yard care is provided by the owner. Utilities are not included in the rent. A $900 security deposit plus the first month’s rent are due at move-in. Rent is $900/month. No pets allowed. For more information contact Gena at firstname.lastname@example.org. [posted 6.9.16] Room for Rent – Wake Forest alumna and current employee looking for a roommate to share a 2-bedroom loft with in downtown Winston Salem at the Winston Factory Lofts, preferably a female who is in graduate school or a young professional as well. Rent is about $750/month plus electric and parking (all other utilities included). Available room is unfurnished and has 2 closets and private bathroom. I have a cat who’s very sweet and mostly keeps to herself. Ideally looking for someone with no pets, but if you also have a cat that could work as well. Email Kiersten at email@example.com if you’re interested. [posted 6.6.16] Rooms for rent within easy walking distance to school – about a dozen furnished student rooms will be available in early August. Located in Brookwood Drive / Polo Road area, about 0.2 ~ 0.4 miles to Reynolda campus. Housemates are Wake grad students. One year leases start from $300/month per room, plus utility split. Shorter terms are also available. Please email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on locations, floor plans, and pictures. Vacancies remain while this listing is posted. [posted 5.19.16] House for Rent – Located at 256 West End Blvd, Winston salem NC, 27101, this cozy cottage in the West End areas let you walk to downtown and West End for entertainment. 2 large bedrooms, 2 newly updated bathrooms. Hardwood floors, classic moldings, lots of light, tall ceilings, plenty of storage, charm galore! Built in 1910, fully updated renovations, very quiet, private rear yard, large front porch! 3.6 miles to WFU, Price negotiable. Currently occupied by WFU Baptist Research PhD, and prior to that a WFU professor. Available first week of June. $1450 monthly, price negotiable. For more information email email@example.com or call 336.399.7277. [posted 5.3.16] Condo for Rent – Downtown condo, 315 N. Spruce St. (Historic YMCA building, 1/2 block south of 4th Street) 1 BR, 1.5 baths, living room, office or dining room, kitchen. All appliances & W/D included, secure entry, 1 parking space, water, sewer, trash service included. No pets, no smoking. 2 miles to WFUBMC, 4 miles to WFU campus. $750/month & $750 deposit. For more information contact Brian Welker. [posted 4.26.16] Condo for Rent – Oakwood Square condo, Ardmore area. 2 BR, 2 baths. Ground level unit. Recently updated. 1 mile to WFUBMC, 2 miles to Novant Forsyth Medical Center. Walking distance to Miller Park & Thruway Shopping Center. Living room w/ dining area, kitchen & laundry room. All appliances & W/D included. Onsite parking & pool. Water, sewer, trash service included. No pets, no smoking. $1100/month & $1100 deposit. Contact Brian at 336.816,6225 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Condo will be available 03/11/16. [posted 3.14.16] Houses to Share – Black & Gold Rentals provides comfortable and convenient housing in the Wake Forest University area. Please browse their rentals here and send inquiries/questions to email@example.com. [posted 4.6.2015]
Are you interested in posting a rental opportunity for Wake Forest School of Divinity students? Complete the online form or send a detailed listing to the Office of Admissions and Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Listings will remain active for three months unless you contact us to have it extended or removed.
- Housing Resource and Guide
The Office of Admissions and Student Services has put together a a quick resource listing information about apartment complexes current students suggest for housing, several of which are located on the University’s shuttle lines.
- Wake Forest Properties
The Office of Wake Forest Properties offers services and rental properties supporting the mission, vision and values of Wake Forest University, which serves as a community amongst many communities. We strive to ensure high quality rental properties, responsive customer service and professionalism while maintaining the long-term integrity of Wake Forest University in both academia and real estate.
PO Box 7477, Winston-Salem, NC, 27109
Office Hours: 8:30am — 5:00pm
Hope Jordan, Portfolio Manager, email@example.com
- Communities and Apartments Near Campus
Rental rates may vary from information below. We are not promoting any of the complexes; please take care to inquire into each location for yourself. All addresses are Winston-Salem, NC unless otherwise noted.
Complex Distance to WFU Unit and Rent Info Contact Alaris Village
5003 Winster Drive
2.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
4981 Hunt Club Road
6.2 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
888.671.4023 Brannigan Village
200 Brannigan Village Drive
9.6 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
866.847.3818 Briarleigh Park
401 Park Ridge Lane
5.3 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.793.4297 Bromley Park
2113 Bromley Park Drive
6.0 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
888.331.0074 Brookberry Park
100 Brookberry Drive
7.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.793.1009 Brookford Place
50 Brookford Place Court
5.6 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.245.4512 Burke Ridge Crossing
2112 Burke Meadows Road
6.8 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
877.296.2948 Countryside Villa
5460 Countryside Drive
3.1 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
888.328.4303 Crowne Club
200 Crowne Club Drive
5.8 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.765.2400 Crowne Oaks
1000 Crowne Oaks Circle
1.7 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.9444 Crowne Park
900 Crowne Park Drive
2.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.761.1466 Crowne Polo
875 Crowne Forest Court
2.1 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.721.0678 Deacon’s Station
10 Quincy Dr
0.7 miles 4 bedroom 4 ½ bathroom
$785-$825 per bedroom all inclusive
336.765.7171 The Edge Flats
111 Edgeway Drive
3 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
*Call for prices* (fully furnished)
336.283.8660 Glendare Park
240 Village Crossing Lane
6.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.750.6234 Highland Oaks
700 Walnut Forest Road
6.7 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
855.330.0235 Legacy Park
1805 Legacy Park Lane
6.4 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.785.3699 Plaza South
3501 Plaza Ridge Circle
9.5 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.310.1907 Pointe at Peters Creek
3750 Holmes Creek Place
9.4 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.784.9922 Providence Pointe
2309 Providence Pointe Lane
4.0 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.923.0065 Regents Village
5405 Regents Village Drive
7.5 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.760.9112 Salem Crest
105 Brent View Court
6.6 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
866.587.2924 Savannah Place
400 Magnolia Branch Drive
7.1 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.659.0886 Sugar Creek
4190 Trace View Drive
1.4 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.2411 The Corners at Crystal Lake
2700 Reynolda Road
1.5 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
866.505.6592 The Enclave at North Point
4260 Brownsboro Road
1.6 miles Studio, 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
336.759.7612 The Pines at Bethabara
511 Bethabara Hills Court
2.6 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
starting at $600 and $875/month
*Call for current specials!
336.922.1155 Towergate Apartments
2501 Towergate Court
3.8 miles 1 and 2 bedrooms
336.922.4041 Trails at Bethabara
1620 Woods Road
2.3 miles 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms
Rent.com: Rent.com is the only free rental site that helps you find an affordable apartment and gives you tips on how to move. View Rent.com’s Winston-Salem listings.
apartmentlist.com: With over 1.8 million listings nationwide, apartmentlist.com is a free resource to help you find housing. View apartmentlist.com’s Winston-Salem resource.
Zillow: The largest and most popular real estate network, vetted and utilized by thousands of companies and universities. Zillow’s family of resources will help connect you with verified landlords and property management companies. View Zillow.com’s Winston-Salem resource; view Trulia.com’s Winston-Salem resource; view Hotpads.com Winston-Salem resource.
- WFU Residence Life & Housing Off-Campus Resources
- The off campus rental listings is a complimentary service provided by Residence Life & Housing. Wake Forest University offers no endorsement of properties included in our listing and does not guarantee the accuracy of information provided.
- Area Apartment Complexes Rental Listing
Note: Off-campus facilities listed with the Office of Residence Life and Housing are not screened. The University serves as an information source and does not assume responsibility for placement, lease agreements, or landlord-tenant relations.
- Graduate Hall Director
The Graduate Hall Director (GHD) is responsible for the general supervision and management of a residence hall community which houses 200-350 undergraduate students. The GHD assistantship is a 10-month, live-in position. Specific job responsibilities and expectations include:
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with RAs.
- Conduct individual one-on-one meetings with RAs every 2 weeks.
- Provide ongoing training, recognition, and staff development opportunities.
- Schedule RA staff for building coverage, including breaks, closings, post-exams, and graduation.
- Hold staff members accountable for actions by routinely evaluating job performance.
- Share concerns appropriately by avoiding direct confrontation in staff meetings: supporting in public, confronting in private.
- Participate in GHD and RA selection and evaluation processes.
- Role model appropriate behavior to ensure you do not lose credibility, effectiveness or your job.
- Pursue only professional relationships with student staff and residents.
- Keep your RLC informed of all situations.
- May help to advise students who are members of the Resident Student Association.
- Oversee budgets for residence hall programming and staff development.
- Hold scheduled regular office hours – 6 per week in residence hall staff office.
- Coordinate resident check-in/check-out processes, building openings/closings, and room changes.
- Complete paperwork (RL&H reports, monthly reports, expense vouchers) in a timely manner.
- Check voicemail, e-mail, and office mailbox daily.
- Attend all departmental training; prior to the start of the year, mid-year, and throughout the year.
- Assume “on-duty” responsibilities with other staff on a rotating basis.
- Attend all staff meetings and individual meetings with RLC.
- Assume administrative tasks as assigned by Central Office Staff.
- Safeguard keys. Loss of staff keys may result in loss of employment & personal financial obligation.
- Direct, support, and participate in RA programming efforts.
- Work with RAs to assess student needs and develop programming goals to meet identified needs.
- Spend at least 20 hours per week in the residence hall being available to students for problem solving, referral services, mediation, conflict resolution and advising.
- Be visible, accessible and available in your area by:
- spending informal time with residents in your building,
- being available on weekends – plan to be away no more than one weekend per month.
- Uphold & enforce University and Departmental policies; including any violations of the Conduct or Honor Code.
- Clearly communicate University and Departmental policy to staff and students.
- Assist RAs with confrontation of students violating policies.
- Forward RL&H reports to the RLC for review in a timely manner (within 24 hours).
- Assume responsibility for monitoring the condition of facilities.
- Coordinate & schedule lounge use.
- Maintain relationships with housekeeping and facilities staff to ensure your building is well kept.
- Tour residence hall(s) on a regular basis to identify maintenance issues.
- Initiate work orders for repairs.
- Inspect the building during hall openings and closings and throughout year.
- Embrace staff unity and a sense of teamwork.
- Prioritize academics and your GHD job; all other commitments are secondary.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Demonstrate confidentiality.
- Follow up on issues in a timely manner.
- Be on time & prepared.
- Use professional judgment in regards to alcohol consumption in accordance with University policy – there will be no alcohol consumption during staff functions or on duty.
Graduate Hall Directors working in Residence Life & Housing will:
- Test and improve leadership abilities by building effective relationships with staff members and colleagues.
- Develop administrative and time-management skills by balancing a variety of responsibilities.
- Practice appropriate and effective interpersonal communication skills in a variety of professional settings.
- Develop and practice supervisory skills by managing a staff of high achieving undergraduate Resident Advisers.
- Practice giving and receiving feedback in a professional setting.
- Practice budget management skills through responsible use of university funds.
- Experience the opportunity to serve as a mentor and role model for college students.
- Gain a sound understanding of effective crisis management protocol and response.
- Engage in a network of supportive staff members who are committed to the holistic development of students.
- Acquire an awareness of student affairs practice and higher education administration as a paraprofessional in an active student life office.
- $7,350 stipend
- One bedroom efficiency-style University apartment
- Faculty/staff parking permit
- Food dollars for on-campus dining
- Utilities & cable TV
- Hard-wired and wireless internet connection
- Free laundry machines available on-site
- Bachelor’s degree
- Enrollment in full-time graduate coursework at Wake Forest University
- The following graduate programs are not eligible for employment:
- Master Teacher Fellows
- 1st year Law
- 1st year MBA
- Medical School Programs
- Letter of interest
- GHD application: access the application here
- Statement from Graduate School verifying full-time enrollment at WFU
- Current resume
- Name, address, phone, e-mail of three references
For assistance with the online application process, please reference our step-by-step guide.
Date Description Thursday, January 15, 2015 Applications available on the RLH website Wednesday, February 4, 2015 Rehire applications due Wednesday, February 11, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 11:00 am, Divinity School Thursday, February 12, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 3:00 pm, Carswell Hall, Room 205 Monday, February 16, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 7:00 pm, ZSR Library, Room 476 Thursday, February 19, 2015 GA Recruitment Information Session, 12:00 pm, Law School Friday, February 27, 2015 Applications due Online by 5:00 p.m. Thursday – Friday, March 26- 27, 2015 GA On-Campus Interviews Monday – Tuesday, March 30- 31, 2015 GA On-Campus Interviews Friday, April 3, 2015 Employment letters mailed Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Decision letters due to 104 Alumni Hall by 5 p.m. Saturday, April 18, 2015 Spring training day
Your online application with each of the above uploaded five items must be received by 5 p.m. on the published deadline. All Application materials must be uploaded online. If you have any questions please contact:
Matt Clifford, Director of Residence Life
For additional information, please call: 336.758.5185 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The GHD assistantship is a 10-month commitment. Reappointment is not guaranteed, but is based upon an exemplary performance record and the successful completion of all interviews and applications required for returning staff. The Graduate Hall Directors performance is under continuous evaluation so as to maintain the highest standards. Failure to meet any of the responsibilities or expectations listed in this assistantship agreement may result in personnel sanctions which could include, but not be limited to, verbal or written warnings, withholding of partial or full pay, probation or possible termination.