Class of 2017 Graduation Checklist
Congratulations, Class of 2017! Consult this checklist to help prepare for your graduation.
Information about ordering regalia, permanent address, financial obligations, and other University related items is available through the checklist provided by Wake Forest University.
For the latest updates on Commencement, please visit the University Commencement website.
- Wednesday, February 1: Deadline for May graduates to Apply to Graduate through WIN
- Tuesday, February 14: Graduation fees will be applied to your DEAC account. These fees cover the cost of your regalia: gown, hat, tassel, and hood – $100.
- Requests for information: Please stop by Susan’s office to double check your name listing for your diploma, hooding and diploma service program, and the WFU commencement program. Height and weight information will need to be recorded for ordering regalia.
- In early March, commencement ticket registration opens. You must request your tickets through the WFU Commencement website. You can request up to 8 tickets for the Commencement and 2 tickets for Baccalaureate. Tickets are distributed in May when you pick up your regalia from Susan’s office.
- Wednesday, March 22 and Thursday, March 23 there is a campus wide Grad Fair at the bookstore, where you can order rings or announcements, or buy WFU items.
- On Friday, April 7, you will be sent the link to the ATS Graduating Student Questionnaire and the Career Services Exit Survey. Please take the time to fill out both the questionnaire and the survey. Please have these completed by Friday, April 28.
- On Friday, April 7, Information on reserving tickets to the Diploma Service will be posted.
- No later than Friday, May 5, please have all transcripts for transfer credit sent to this address:
- Attention: Susan Robinson
WFU School of Divinity
P.O. Box 7719
Winston-Salem, NC 27019-7719
- May 8 – 12: Please pick up your regalia and tickets from Susan’s office
- Friday, May 12: your student account must be paid or your diploma will be held.
- Friday, May 12, 10:00 am – 12 noon: attend the mandatory Hooding Rehearsal in Wait Chapel.
- By Friday, May 12, please remember to do the following:
- Clean out your locker and return the key to Mary Ellen
- Clean out your mailbox
- Return library books
- Sign up for Alumni email for life
- Saturday, May 13: arrive for hooding service no later than 6:00 pm.
- Please wear your gown (no cap or tassel)
- Students and faculty will gather on the front steps of Wait Chapel for a class picture no later than 6:15 pm
- Procession into Wait Chapel will begin just before 7:00 pm
- Family and guests are welcome, no tickets are necessary
- Reception following in the Green Room of Reynolda Hall (short walk across the quad)
- Sunday, May 14:Baccalaureate Service, 11:00 am, Wait Chapel (attendance is optional, must reserve tickets in advance)
- Monday, May 15: arrive on campus and gather in Lot B with other graduate students no later than 8:00 am. Full regalia is required (cap, tassel, gown, and hood – no stoles showing).
- Faculty marshals will ask you to line up for the commencement processional onto the quad.
- You will be on the quad until about 10:30 am where your degree is conferred by the president of the university.
- Transmigration will happen after all the graduate school degrees are conferred. Divinity students will follow a student marshal off of the quad into Wait Chapel.
- School of Divinity Diploma Service will begin at 11:00 am in Wait Chapel. A light reception will follow the service in the rotunda in Wingate Hall. Please do not exit Wait Chapel onto the quad after our service is done.
Saturday, May 13
7:00 p.m., Wait Chapel
Monday, May 15
9:00 a.m., Hearn Plaza
11:00 a.m., Wait Chapel